By mounting an array of cameras on armoured vehicles, an unobstructed 360° view over the near surroundings of the vehicle can be maintained with the hatches closed, providing safety for the entire vehicle crew and assets.
The Citadel CI-P170 is a panoramic camera system that combines images from two 85.5° FOV cameras to a complete seamless 170° FOV viewing system for mounting on a wide variety of vehicles, such as armoured personnel carriers (APCs), light armour vehicles (LAVs) tanks and other wheeled or tracked vehicles.
It is designed to deliver high-performance images, even under the harshest conditions, in temperatures ranging from -40°C to 70°C.
The CI-P170 is designed around the latest generation 1/3in CCD image sensors and custom designed optics to provide a seamless, distortion-free panoramic 170° horizontal FOV image, without fish-eye effect, under a wide range of viewing conditions. The camera design provides several viewing modes:
1. Full 170° field of view, both cameras stitched together
2. Separate 85.5° field of view from left or right side camera
3. 85.5° field of view from the centre of both cameras
- Panoramic 170° horizontal field of view
- Distortion-free, no fish-eye effect
- Real-time for drivers
- Wide temperature range, -40°C to 70°C
- Day / extended night mode operation
- Fog penetration
- Digital noise reduction (DNR)
- Heated protective window